Lesson 15 No,I'm good.Thanks.不用,谢谢。
Part 1 Real Life Situation
使用场景
You're at a dinner party.The hostess offers you some more wine.You've had enough to drink,so you refuse.
在晚宴上,女主人又为你倒了一些葡萄酒,但你实在不想再喝了,所以你这样说表示拒绝:
No,I'm good.Thanks.不用了,谢谢。
Part 2 Pronunciation and intonation
发音讲解
So,in the sentence,pay attention to the pronunciation of these parts.
在这一句中,注意以下部分的发音:
1.Please don't say/guːd/,say/gud/.
1.不要读/guːd/,读/gud/。
2.Always make the sound/θ/in/θæŋks/by pressing your top teeth with the tip of your tongue,and make/ks/like one single sound,not/kəs/.
2.一定要用舌尖顶住上牙齿来发/θæŋks/中/θ/这个音,并且/ks/要像一个单独的音节,而不是/kəs/。
Now,let's focus on tone and intonation.
现在,我们重点看看语气和语调。
1.Begin the sentence with a higher pitch"no",so they know you don't need it.
1.用高音说 “no”,让听者知道你是真的不需要。
2."I'm good." is said in a falling tone,in a positive way.
2.“I'm good.” 以沉稳的降调来读。
3."Thanks" should be said in an endearing way,so be sure to stress it.
3.“thanks.” 以可爱的方式说出来,并且需要重读。
Now,practice,and you will learn to say this sentence like a native speaker.
现在,多加练习,你就能学会像英语母语者一样说这句话了。
Part 3 My explanation
英文讲解
The first expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第1个表达是
Thanks谢谢
"Thanks" is a friendlier,lighter way to say "Thank you".
“thanks” (谢谢) 是一种更亲切,更轻松的表达 “thank you” (谢谢你) 的方式。
A:Here's your tea.(这是你的茶。)
B:Thanks.(谢谢。)
Use it with people you know pretty well,like family members,friends,and coworkers who you've spoken with in the past.
这句话适合向较为熟识的人使用,例如家人、朋友或同事,这些过去你曾与他们说过话的人。
The second expression we will learn is 我们要学习的第2个表达是
No, I'm good.不用了, 谢谢。
"No,I'm good." is a casual way to say "No,thank you." You use this phrase when someone offers you something,like food,drinks,advertising materials.
“No,I'm good.” (不用了,谢谢)是一种表达 “No,thank you.”(不用,谢谢你) 的非正式方式。当有人为你提供食物、饮料,或是发放广告材料时,可以使用这个短语。
"I'm good." sounds friendly and casual.You can use it with friends,coworkers,waiters,and most other people.
A couple of occasions when you would not use are:
“I'm good.” (谢谢) 听起来很友善、随意。可以用于与朋友、同事、服务员等大多数其他人的对话当中。
● You're meeting your girlfriend's parents for the first time,and you're not sure if they like you yet.
下列情况不能使用:
● 你第一次见到你女朋友的父母,但还不确定他们是否喜欢你。
●You're very angry at your coworker because he blamed one of his mistakes on you to your boss.Now he's going out to get coffee and asks if you want any.
● 你很生同事的气,因为他在老板面前把自己犯的一个错误归咎于你。现在他出去买咖啡,问你是否要来一杯。
In these cases,"No,thank you." would be better.
在这些情况下,说 “No,thank you.” (不用,谢谢) 会更好。