Unit3 信心百倍去面试
这种情景,你该怎么说?
Dialogue 1(实况对话)
A: Tell me a little bit about yourself, please.
A:能告诉我一些你自己的情况吗?
B: My name is Steven and I live in Beijing. I was born in 1980. I had graduated from Peking University. I have majored in business administration.
B:我叫史蒂文,住在北京,出生于1980年,毕业于北京大学,主修的专业是工商管理。
A: What kind of jobs have you had?
A:你都做过什么工作?
B: I have been a production manager.
B:我做过生产经理。
A: Would you like to tell me something about your outstanding achievements?
A:能给我谈谈你的突出业绩吗?
B: I had introduced an advanced product line, which increased the output and lessened the cost.
B:我曾经引进了一条先进的生产线,产量得到了提高,而且成本也降了下来。
A: What special skills do you have, can you tell me?
A:你能告诉我你有什么特殊技能吗?
B: I have experience in computer operation, proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
B:我有电脑操作经验,熟悉微软Windows, Word和Excel。
A: I know in your resume that you have worked in your present company for three years, can you tell me why you want to leave your present job and join us?
A:从你的简历中,我知道你已经在你现在这个公司工作3年了,能告诉我为什么你想辞去现有的工作来我们公司吗?
B: Because the job I am doing in my present company is of no challenge, but I like challenge. Your firm is a young organization with many innovative ideas. It has been very successful in an expanding market since its establishment ten years ago. Working for you would be exactly the sort of challenge I am looking for.
B:我离开这个公司是因为我现在的这份工作没有挑战性,而我喜欢挑战。贵公司是一家具有创新精神的年轻公司,自创建10年以来,在市场拓展方面取得了巨大的成功。能为你们工作,正是我所追求的那种挑战。
A: Well, I think our interview is complete then. We will probably be giving you a call in ten days or so.
A:好吧,我想我们的面谈就到此结束。我们大概会在10天左右跟你联系。
B: Thank you, Mr. Smith.
B:谢谢您,史密斯先生。
Dialogue 2(实况对话)
A: Well, that's all the interview. Thank you for your interest in this job.
A:好了,面试到此结束。非常感谢你来面试这份工作。
B: You are welcome. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to interview me.
B:不客气,我也感谢您在百忙之中抽出时间来面试我。
A: I will call you about your final decision. May I have your number?
A:我会打电话告诉你最终决定的,能告诉我你的号码吗?
B: My telephone number is 2974-5328-00, and you can call me at any time in the daytime.
B:我的电话号码是:2974- 5328- 00。白天任何时候都可以打电话给我。
A: We will get in touch with you by the end of next week.
A:我们会在下周末之前联系你的。
B: Great. I will look forward to hearing from you. And do I need the second interview?
B:好的,我期待着您的消息。那我还需要第二次面试吗?
A: We'll notify you if necessary. Goodbye.
A:如果有必要我们会通知你的,再见!
B: Bye.
B:再见!
经典句型你会吗?
开场白
1. May I come in?
我可以进来吗?
2. Excuse me, may I see Mr. Green?
打扰了,我可以见格林先生吗?
3. Sorry for interrupting.
对不起,打扰了。
4. It's my great honor to have this chance to be here.
我很荣幸有机会来这里。
5. Mr. Green, how do you do?
格林先生,您好。
6. I hope I didn't rush you.
希望没有给您造成不便。
7. I'd like to have a try.
我想试试这份工作。
8. My name is Tom and I am coming to your company for an interview as requested.
我叫汤姆,我是应邀来贵公司面试的。
工作经验
1. Do you have any working experience?
你有什么工作经验吗?
2. How is your experience relevant to this job?
你的经验如何与这份工作有关呢?
3. What have you learned from the jobs you have had?
那你从以前的工作中学到了些什么?
4. What kind of jobs have you had?
你都做过什么工作?
5. I have been engaged in the desk work for many years.
我多年从事文案工作。
6. I've been working in A&B company for the past five years as a computer engineer.
我在A&B公司当了5年的计算机工程师。
7. I can operate the office software skillfully.
我能熟练操作办公软件。
能力
1. What are your key skills?
你的关键技能是什么?
2. How good are your writing abilities?
你的写作能力怎样?
3. What skills do you think are most critical to this job?
对于这项工作你认为什么技能是最重要的?
4. How do you think of your proficiency in spoken English?
你认为你的英语口语能力如何呢?
5. My spoken English is fairly good enough to express myself fluently.
我能用英语把自己的想法流利地表达出来。
6. Have you obtained any certificate of technical qualifications or license?
你获得过技术资格证书或者执照吗?
7. What special skills do you have, can you tell me?
那你能告诉我你有什么特殊技能吗?
8. I have experience in computer operation.
我有电脑操作经验。
教育背景
1. I had graduated from Nanjing University.
我毕业于南京大学。
2. I have majored in English.
我主修的专业是英语。
3. Which school are you attending?
你在哪个学校上学?
4. When will you graduate from that university?
你什么时候毕业?
5. What is your major?
你的专业是什么?
6. Tell me about the courses of your major in university.
说说你在大学时都主修了什么课程。
7. I take more than 50 courses in university.
大学期间我修了50多门课程。
8. In 2005 I received my Bachelor of Science degree from Peking University.
2005年,我在北大获得了理学学士学位。
9. Did you get any honors and awards at college?
你大学时获得过荣誉和奖励吗?
10. I was awarded a scholarship from the university every year.
每年我都获得学校奖学金。
11. In 2000 I participated in the National Contest of Maths Models and I won the prize.
2000年,我参加了国家数学建模竞赛,并得了奖。
12. In 2008 I received my MBA degree from Tsinghua University.
2008年,我在清华大学获得了工商管理硕士学位。
申请本工作的理由
1. Why do you want to work here?
为什么你想在这里工作?
2. The position is both challenging and interesting.
这个职位看起来很有挑战性和趣味性。
3. It can make use of my professional experience.
可以用得到我的专业知识。
4. I feel my background is a good fit for this position.
我认为我的背景非常适合这份工作。
5. I feel I can benefit much from working here.
我觉得在这里工作会获益很多。
6. I think I could handle the work of a receptionist.
我认为我能胜任接待员一职。
7. This job will offer me an opportunity for advancement.
这份工作会给我提供晋升机会。
8. Your company has earned a very good reputation.
贵公司一直享有盛名。
9. I think it is a good chance for me.
我想这对我来说是个很好的机会。
10. My past experience is related to this job.
我过去的经验与这份工作有关系。
11. Working for you is the sort of challenge I am looking for.
能为你们工作正是我所追求的那种挑战。
12. The job seems like an ideal match for my experience.
这份工作似乎与我的经验完全吻合。
13. This is the company that I want to contribute to.
这正是我想为之做贡献的公司。
核心单词要牢记
interrupt [ˌintəˈrʌpt] v. 打扰
obtain [əbˈtein] v. 获得
receptionist [riˈsepʃənist] n. 接待员
reputation [ˌrepjuˈteiʃən] n. 名誉,名声
challenge [ˈtʃælindʒ] n. 挑战
contribute [kənˈtribju:t] v. 贡献
degree [diˈgri:] n. 学位
职场小贴士
面试的“十要”
Ten Dos:
Be on time
Look neat and well groomed
Be well prepared
Look interested and alert
Be yourself
Be honest
Listen carefully
Speak up
Be polite and smile now and then
Sell yourself
译文
十要:
要准时到达;
衣着打扮要干净利落;
要准备充分;
表情要专注而警觉;
要举止自然;
要诚实;
要仔细倾听;
发言要清晰响亮;
要有礼貌并不时微笑;
要推销自己。