我的第一本职场英语会话书
上QQ阅读APP看本书,新人免费读10天
设备和账号都新为新人

Unit5 签订工作协议

这种情景,你该怎么说?

Dialogue 1(实况对话)

A: How are you, Mr. Smith? I'm Lucy.

A:你好,史密斯先生,我是露西。

B: Pleased to meet you.

B:很高兴见到你。

A: Please have a seat. I know our employment officer has already given you information about your employee contract, but I'd like to go over the main details again before signing.

A:请坐。我知道我们的人事部经理已经告诉了你关于劳动合同的内容,但我还想在我们签约之前把主要条件再谈一下。

B: OK. I think that's necessary.

B:好的,我认为这很有必要。

A: You'll be covered by our medical plan while on duty. Since you'll be in middle management, you're expected to be available up to 1.5 hours past normal working hours. Any approved overtime over that will be paid at one time and a half.

A:你上班后将享受我们的医疗保险。既然你是中层,你将会比正常工作时间多工作1.5小时。超过1.5小时的必要加班都会有1.5倍的工资。

B: I understand.

B:我明白。

A: A reasonable number of sick days will be covered by the company. Any extended illness will be covered by insurance. Have you read the other terms of the contract?

A:合理的病假公司照常支付工资。超出一定时间范围将会由保险公司负责支付。合同上的其他条款你看了吗?

B: Yes, I have.

B:是的,我看了。

A: Do you have any questions?

A:你还有什么问题吗?

B: I don't think there is any question.

B:我想没有什么问题了。

A: Good. Now, if you'll just sign here, you can start work in 5 days.

A:那好。在这里签字,你就可以在5天内上班了。

Dialogue 2(实况对话)

A: Let's come to an agreement on salary.

A:我们来达成一项关于工资的协议。

B: May I see the agreement first?

B:能让我看下这份协议吗?

A: Of course. Here you are. Please read the agreement and sign it. Read the agreement.

A:当然可以,给你。请阅读协议并签订。(阅读协议)

B: There's a three-month period of probation for new recruits.

B:新加入的人员有3个月试用期。

A: Yes. If you have any question, just ask. By the way, do you know your rights and obligations in this agreement?

A:是的。如果你有任何问题,尽管提出来。顺便问一下,你知道在这份协议中你的权利和义务吗?

B: I think I know it. I wonder whether the agreement has the guarantee of law or not.

B:我想我知道。我想知道这份协议是否具有法律效力。

A: Of course, you can believe us. Both sides should act according to the provisions of the agreement. Please sign the agreement.

A:当然有,你尽管相信我们。双方都应按协议条款办事,请签协议。

B: (after signing) OK, I signed the agreement with the signature of my name.

B:(签名)可以,我在协议上签上了我的名字。

A: We are done with the agreement. After a three-month probationary period, you will confirm in your post.

A:关于这项协议就这么定了。经过3个月的试用期之后,你将获准正式任该职。

B: I see. Thank you very much.

B:我明白,非常感谢。

A: Not at all.

A:不客气。


经典句型你会吗?

试用期规定

1. The probationary period is two monthes from commencement date.

从入职日起计算,您的试用期是两个月。

2. The period of your probation is three months.

你的试用期是3个月。

3. There's a three-month for new recruits.

新入职员工有3个月试用期。

4. We'll have to take you on three months' probation first.

我们得先试用你3个月。

5. You will have this job if you measure up.

倘若试用合格,你将获得这份工作。

6. You are an editor on probation.

你是个见习编辑。

7. We can sign a contract with the guarantee of law after three-month probation.

3个月的试用期过后,我们会签订一个具有法律效力的合同。

8. Can you accept a three-month trial?

你能接受3个月的试用期吗?

9. The probation period is included in the term of a labor contract.

试用期包含在劳动合同期限内。

10. I want to know the wage in my probationary period.

我想问一下试用期我的工资是多少。

11. The probation period can be defined by contract deadline.

试用期可以按照劳动合同签订期限来限定。

12. How long is my probation?

我的试用期多长?

13. Whether does labor contract have probation?

劳动合同是否有试用期?

14. There is a statutory period of probation of twelve weeks.

有12周的法定试用期。

15. Do employees here need to go through a probation period?

这里的员工需要经过试用期吗?

16. We provide internship allowance.

实习期间提供实习津贴。

转正事宜

1. After the probationary period you will confirm in your post.

经过试用期后你将获准正式任该职。

2. Interns are not entitled to the same treatment as a formal staff.

实习生不享有正式员工的待遇。

3. Being a full-time employee, you are well paid and can enjoy insurance.

成为正式员工就能够享受优厚待遇并有保险。

4. There is the opportunity to become a full-time staff after the internship.

实习结束后,有机会能成为正式员工。

5. Trainee will be transferred as company employee after probation.

实习者将在实习结束后转为公司正式员工。

6. The recruit will be offered permanent position if his performance was satisfactory.

如果员工的表现令人满意的话,就可以成为正式员工。

7. The internship is possible to be transferred into formal staff.

实习生有机会转为正式员工。

8. Interns with excellent performance will have chance to become permanent employees.

表现优异的实习生将有机会转正。

签订劳动协议

1. Let's come to an agreement on salary.

我们来达成一项关于工资的协议。

2. I drew up a contract with a network company.

我与一家网络公司签订了协议。

3. When shall we sign the contract if I agree to become a member of your company?

如果被录用的话,什么时候可以和贵单位签约?

4. Do you know your rights and obligations in this agreement?

你知道在这份协议中你的权利和义务吗?

5. Are the new employee contracts ready?

新的雇佣合同准备好了吗?

6. Have you got your employment contract yet?

你拿到你的雇佣合同了吗?

7. I don't care about the small print in your employment contract.

我不在乎你雇佣合同里的附加条款。

8. These conditions must be expressly included into the contract of employment.

这些条件都必须明确地写进雇佣合同。

9. Any terms of this contract of employment not favorable to the employee is null and void according to the labor act.

依据劳动法规,雇佣合同中任何对雇员不利的合同条款一律无效。

10. The full terms and conditions of your employment will be stated in the employment agreement.

雇佣合同中应包括完整的雇佣条款。

11. The signing of employment contracts should abide by the general rules of contract signing.

雇佣合同的签订应遵循合同签订的一般规则。

12. The employment contract will be issued by the human resources department.

该劳动合同将由人力资源部发出。


核心单词要牢记

probation [prəuˈbeiʃən] n. 试用

guarantee [ˌgærənˈti:] v. 保证

commencement [kəˈmensmənt] n. 开始

wage [weidʒ] n. 工资

internship [ˈintə:nʃip] n. 实习期

allowance [əˈlauəns] n. 津贴

obligation [ˌɔbliˈgeiʃən] n. 义务

permanent [ˈpə:mənənt] adj. 永久的

abide [əˈbaid] v. 遵守

职场小贴士

格言

1. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

无热情成就不了伟业。

2. Nothing is difficult to a man with ambition fires.

对于雄心万丈的人来说,世上没有难事。

3. Very often a change of self is needed more than a change.

改变自己往往比改变环境更为重要。

4. Man's task is always light if his heart is light.

心情愉快则工作轻松。

5. Others can work for you, but cannot feel for you. Walk on our own way in life, success relies on themselves to win.

别人可以替你做事,但不能替你感受。人生的路要靠自己去走,成功要靠自己去争取。

美文欣赏

The Wisdom of One Word

Isn't it amazing how one person, sharing one idea, at the right time and place can change the course of your life's history? This is certainly what happened in my life. When I was 14, I was hitchhiking from Houston, Texas, through El Paso on my way to California. I was following my dream, journeying with the sun. I was a high school dropout with learning disabilities and was set on surfing the biggest waves in the world, first in California and then in Hawaii, where I would later live.

Upon reaching downtown El Paso, I met an old man, a bum, on the street corner. He saw me walking, stopped me and questioned me as I passed by. He asked me if I was running away from home, I suppose because I looked so young. I told him, "Not exactly, sir, "since my father had given me a ride to the freeway in Houston and given me his blessings while saying, "It is important to follow your dream and what is in your heart, Son."

After conversing for a few minutes, the friendly bum told me to follow him. He told me that he had something grand to show me and share with me. We walked a couple of blocks until we came upon the downtown El Paso Public Library.

The bum first led me to a table and asked me to sit down and wait for a moment while he looked for something special amongst the shelves. A few moments later, he returned with a couple of old books under his arms and set them on the table. He then sat down beside me and spoke. He started with a few statements that were very special and that changed my life. He said, "There are two things that I want to teach you, young man, and they are these:

"Number one is to never judge a book by its cover, for a cover can fool you." He followed with, "I'll bet you think I'm a bum, don't you, young man? "

I said, "Well, uh, yes, I guess so, sir."

"Well, young man, I've got a little surprise for you. I am one of the wealthiest men in the world. I originally come from the Northeast and have all the things that money can buy. But a year ago, my wife passed away, and since then I have been deeply reflecting upon life. I realized there were certain things I had not yet experienced in my life, one of which was what it would be like to live like a bum on the streets. I made a commitment to myself to do exactly that for one year. For the past year, I have been going from city to city doing just that. So, you see, don't ever judge a book by its cover, for a cover can fool you."

"Number two is to learn how to read, my boy. For there is only one thing that people can't take away from you, and that is your wisdom." At that moment, he reached forward, grabbed my right hand in his and put them upon the books he'd pulled from the shelves. They were the writings of Plato and Aristotle-immortal classics from ancient times.

The bum then led me back on the streets near where we first met. His parting request was for me to never forget what he taught me.

I haven't forgotten.

译文

改变一生的邂逅

假如某个人在适当的时间和地点,仅因一句话而改变了你的人生历程,你是不是觉得不可思议?然而这样的事实就发生在我的身上。在14岁那年,我从得克萨斯州的休斯顿出发,途经厄尔巴索市前往加利福尼亚州。我日出即行,日落即息,痴痴地追求自己的梦想。我原本就读于高中,可能天生不是块读书的料,只好中途辍学。随即我决心去世界上最大的海浪上去冲浪,先准备去加利福尼亚,然后是夏威夷——我日后想定居的地方。

刚到厄尔巴索市,我就遇到了一位老头,他是个街头流浪汉。当我从他身边走过时,他拦住了我,并向我发问。他问我是不是从家里偷跑出来的。我猜想他一定是看我年纪太小才这样问。我告诉他:“并不是这样的,先生。”事实上是父亲开车把我送上休斯顿高速公路上的,他送上祝福,并嘱咐我道:“儿子,追随你的梦想和心中的憧憬非常重要。”

闲聊几分钟后,这个和蔼可亲的老流浪汉要我跟他走。他说他有一样很重要的东西要给我看,并要与我分享。我们走过了几个街区,最后来到了厄尔巴索市的公立图书馆。

老流浪汉先把我领到一张桌子前,要我坐下稍等片刻,然后就去那些书架中找寻那个特别重要的东西去了。不一会儿,他回来了,腋下夹着几本旧书,他把书放到桌上,并在我身边坐下,然后打开了话匣子。他一开始就出语不凡,话语意味深长,改变了我一生的命运。他说:“年轻人,我有两件事想教给你:其一,不要由一本书的封面来判断这本书的好坏,因为封面会蒙蔽你。”然后,他接着说:“我猜你一定认为我是个老流浪汉,是不是,小伙子?”

“嗯,是的,先生,我的确是这样认为的。”我回答道。

“嗯,小伙子,我要给你一个小小的惊喜:我是世界上最富有的人之一。我来自美国东北部,凡金钱能买到的东西我都有。但是一年前,我妻子去世了,自此以后,我开始深深反思人生的意义。我意识到生命中有些事我还未曾体味过,其中一项就是做一个沿街乞讨的流浪汉。于是,我就做出承诺一定要像流浪汉一样生活一年。就这样在过去的一年里,我过着流浪的生活,从一个城市流浪到另一个城市。所以,你看,千万不要由封面来判断一本书的优劣,因为封面会愚弄你。”

“第二,要学会如何读书,我的孩子。因为世界上只有一种东西别人无法从你身上取走,那就是智慧。”说到这,他俯身向我,用手抓住我的右手,并把两只手都放在他从书架中找到的书上。那是柏拉图和亚里士多德的流传几千年的不朽之作。

然后这个老流浪汉又把我领回我们初次见面的街角附近。临别时,他要求我永远不要忘记他教导我的话。

我没有忘记。